Old 10-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #44
IronCanine
I'm trying....

Re: 70 Blazer Frame Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkmart View Post
great start
Thanks.

I had a mild heart attack yesterday. We put the the old door glass and regulators in along with most of the weather stripping to check the fit before the body comes off in a few days. The drivers side window gap was a joke before we started tearing into it...but as you all know this thing had been beat up, twisted and wrung out. The problem was that after all the metal work and fit improvement it was only marginally better yesterday...which is to say it was still pretty horrible. Sorry no pics, but I was too sick to take a picture, because neither of us could see where the adjustment was going to come from. Everything else fit pretty well. Top to side, top to tailgate, top to windshield...and all panel gaps

What's worse is that I had a single NOS top to glass seal for the drivers side that I hadn't opened so we tried it in place of the repro and I put a small tear in it at the door when I closed it. I could have thrown up....

...but after a restless nights sleep, a little bit of time on the board and re-visiting it today, fortunes have changed. I think I've got a couple of things going on, including an asymmetry in my top, since it fits better on the passenger's side and structures are measurably different on that side. Really the simplest and most obvious thing was to remove and reposition the weatherstip mounting track...It didn't make it perfect, but there's enough there that with some other tweaking it might not be relegated to dry clean only.
IronCanine is offline   Reply With Quote