View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #214
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

The bed is at the sandblaster. Might be done tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath. It's going to need some work on the bed floor. The front edge is half gone where it meets the front panel. There is some rust in the rear corners also. The back couple feet are dented down some and I might try and pound it back flat, but I don't know how much success I'll have with that. The pass side wheel well has some rust on the front edge where it bolts to the floor. The bedsides are solid. We'll see what shows up after blasting though.

Once I get it back I plan to just spray it with primer to seal it up good, then set it on the frame. I have a lot to do on the back half yet with the gas tank fill and vents, exhaust, shock relocators, and I want to change the gas tank mounting straps, etc. The bed will probably come off a couple times yet to do the rust repairs and the other odds and ends.

I need to keep my focus on the doors though. I need to remember to order sound deadener so I can do the doors while I'm rebuilding them.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote