View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #44
Evil Trailblazer SS
Big Gulps Huh? Whelp...

Re: '86 Crew Cab - The Race Car Hauler

Blake, sorry about your grandpa and your situation with NC and your brother! I saw you about a month ago pulling a small enclosed trailer heading toward Lovelock on 80...or at least I thought it was you!

Anywho, I think I'll be finally needing that bed sometime soon, the freebie bed I got is from an '83 so the fuel filler necks have a totally different mounting setup and this bed needs way too much work...I tried to text you a while back and obviously, I know why I didn't hear back from you! I'll text you again soon an see how things are!

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedogg View Post
let me get this straight- you got 12 mpg pulling that trailer?? how- impressive. My buddy had a 07 2500 hd with the 8.1 and it didn't get but 9 pulling his Trans Am in a enclosed like that.
Read a little better...

Quote:
The truck's first real road test came in early March when we traveled to Bakersfield for the March Meet drag race, without the trailer. Due to the weather on the day we left, we had to put chains on and drive 30 mph. It took us 5 hours to travel 90 miles and we were pleasantly surprised at how well it did. Us, well not so much. The rest of the trip it averaged 12 mpg...
Posted via Mobile Device