View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 10:58 PM   #226
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

I make a plan for it every year, last year I got the drop spindles and springs (that I stupidly sold the drop spindles then had to buy another pair) and the year before I got bupkis. in fact last year and this year were the best its been, good weather, good turnout, verifiable deals. I am a lifer now.

wired the VA setup and got all the wiring tucked and tied up, the pcm found a secure home behind the VA system, so thats done. extended the clutch safety switch wires (when I started it last month I just jumped it, so I guess not-so-safety) and the brake switch wires.

IMG_9816 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

fuse box in its forever home (mounted with the screw just like factory)
IMG_9817 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

lets be brutally honest, after getting cold decked by this thing for 7 months I was due for a good deal. well I got it. I was planning to remount the steppers in the factory cluster, I have done it before and its a great look but a giant amount of work and sometimes they dont survive the heat and harshness of a truck interior. but for giggles I thought I would see what the s10 cluster would look like in the 41 hole.

IMG_9810 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

well I'll be dipped. just a little trimming and it will even bolt in.

IMG_9814 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9813 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9812 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the sun does shine on a dogs butt once in a while. it will need just two small trim pieces but woop de doo, I can do that when I build the glovebox from kydex.

more tomorrow! I beat the rain with mowing tonight so I can work in the cool morning on finishing up the interior stuff and move to the bed wood.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote