View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 07:54 AM   #37
dave3156

The drive and restore method is a good idea. There is alot you can do before tearing it all apart. That way you can really take your time on everything you do. Your not under pressure to get it back together and you can spend money in small chunks. Also this will give you time to buy parts for the next step. Planning is the key. Mine has rust underheath. To me it seems to make more sense to attack that first since it gets worse pretty quick once it gets to a certain point. What good is a truck with a new drive train that is rusted away? From my experience the body work is where most of the money is anyway and it can be done in parts. Once the vehicle's foundation is secure, go to the interior. Alot can be done there and it will be rewarding because your really notice changes to the interior. Do mechanical systems last and split them up into areas like, engine, transmission, suspension, electrical, exhaust, etc. Finally pull the engine and redo the mechanicals and while its out the engine compartment. Thats what my plan is at least. Having a plan to start with is the most important part.