View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #13
fixit-p

Re: Remote Starter Solonoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
ok, I was thinking along the same lines. I am going to replace the old solenoid, upgrade my cables and add the remote solenoid all at the same time. Hopefully this will remedy my issues.

you are right it tries to engage while hot but drags creating a very loud sound.

I began to notice the issue while it was hot. It would crank very slow and sometimes kick back. After a week or so of this I began seeing similar symptoms during cold start too. I'm also going to take a look at timing as I have recently adjusted it.

The loud sound and attempt to turn over really makes me think it is trying to turn it over but not getting enough juice to do so.

If it is heat that is damaging the starters would it be the solenoid that is being damaged by the heat?
You should probably start your own thread and avoid the Hijack, none of what you describe would benefit from a remote solenoid. Check your timing and battery cables (voltage drop test).

Quote:
Originally posted by:Abraham Lincoln "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine."
fixit-p is offline   Reply With Quote