View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #24
mr48chev

Re: Has anyone used the No Limit X-Member Kit?

Dang that looks nice Idbeast, nice work too.

I'd agree on No Limit's customer service they are quick to respond to Emails and if you call or email they give honest and well thought out answers. Years ago when they first did the forward tilt hood I thought I wanted one and contacted them and at that time Rob got right back to me and says "No you don't, we are having too many issues with it" Not many companies are that honest.

As far as the cost goes, it is either time spent or money spent. Some times it is just better to spend the money rather than trying to piece something together and apply the time saved to getting more done. Even for a low budget guy like me the difference in cost between going to the steel yard and buying metal and coming home and fabricating the piece from scratch and buying and assembling it with a bit of trimming the cost difference may be worth it in the long run.

I've discovered one thing since I retired at the first of the year and that is some times having things ready made so you can just go to it rather than spend hours fabricating pretty much the same thing does have it's advantages. I don't have the energy I did 30 years ago nor does my back or knees like standing in one spot for hours on end. For those who are younger and working productive shop time means a lot when you only have a few hours at a time to work on the projects.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote