View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 11:53 PM   #3
Robznob11

Re: Please excuse me for this being my 1939 Chevy Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
.................................................................................................... ....
Looking at this diagram I agree with you. The park lights will run off of the headlight switch. This appears to be for brakes and turns only. The turn signal and brake function off of the same wire. Typically on a regular dual filament bulb you have a dim filament that is running off of the park wire (from headlight switch) and the when you hit the brakes or turn the power goes from the signal switch to light the other filament. The internals of the signal switch take care of canceling the brake light signal when the turn for a given side is activated...so it will blink and not just stay bright.

As far as leds go...if you have a dual filament Led like an 1157 led...what they do is make a split connection...one side is full power and one side is lower power it is done inside the bulb with resistors and diodes. One thing to note ...not all 1157 bulbs are created equal. Some may work fine and some may not..I have no clue why they would reverse the polarity on some, or try to get away without running the diodes...but some overseas manufacturers do crazy stuff. Since you are wiring from scratch if you get a bright led with park and a no blink with turn or no change in brightness for the brakes it may be as simple as reversing the wires. The led flashers are polarity sensitive too. The X is the power in source.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote