View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #88
Bluegoose972

Re: New Life for an Old Goose

Here is the front bumper. I purchased it for a 73-87 Blazer/Pickup from RoadArmor. Had to modify the mounts and trim the front frame horns, but it fits up nicely. Notice the small lights on the top inside corners. These are LED turn signals from a motorcycle that I purchased on the internet. They are something a little different and didn't require any special mounting. They are pretty bright without being very large. Had the "Roadarmor" emblem painted the same color as the truck and the bumper was also painted (not powder coated). I decided to try paint with the idea that I could easily touch it up if it gets scratched. Might end up powder coating it later, but for now it works well.

From the last picture, you can see how the sides fit to the body. There is a slight gap, but with my tire combo, I fits nicely. After receiving the bumper from RoadArmor, all the interior joints were rewelded. They do a nice job of welding and finishing off the outside visible portion, but don't feel they need to weld up the opposite, interior seams. I wanted it all welded and it took about 8 hours to get it prepped, welded, and prepped again for paint.
Attached Images

Bluegoose972 is offline   Reply With Quote