View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 02:09 PM   #6
oleCrazyEyes

Re: Life's constants: Gravity, and Murphy's Law

Well just to keep my first and only thread going better than my build is going I better post some wonderful photos to update everyone to show how Murphy got his name... I got the truck and drove it for two weeks as my daily! I drove it 600 miles days after I bought it. It never had an issue what-so-ever. It never got hot, it never lost power and it was always driving fine without a hint of losing power. Well then I got the bright idea to drive it to work. I drove it to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday no problems at all, I even got to attend a show in my truck Tuesday night! I didn't think it was worthy of being driven there but I was happy my manager pressured me into taking it I didn't get a ton of attention but it was fun to have something of my own there. Well, two days after it's first show, in probably 15 years, I was driving down the highway and next thing I know I hear some wonderful noises and all of a sudden the truck shudders and shuts off. I pull over and steam billows out from under the hood so I yank the hood open and there was coolant blasting out from under the radiator cap and the wiring harness was on fire behind the engine... Thankfully I got to work, but that was the day my daily turned into a serious project.
Attached Images

'78 C10: Project "Murphy"
(more trucks to come!!)

Last edited by oleCrazyEyes; 02-24-2018 at 02:46 PM.
oleCrazyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote