View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 10:41 PM   #120
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

sounds like there might be more good kids out there who learn lessons than I alluded to earlier. hope you get to retire RD. rusty, that is probably how this is working out too. people who think parenting is over at 18, I will say I WISH.

not much progress, I got the drivers kick panel welded up and its amazing how strong it feels now with all the interconnected pieces. but I did want to update:

I ordered monotube shocks because of their superior ride and anti-fade characteristics. I found a deal and got them for LESS than I normally pay for twin tube monroes at the local parts store. but monotubes dont take being bottomed out like some twins do. I am lowered with a 3" coil and a 4" leaf, so shorter shocks were on the to-do. the problem is, that even lowered shocks from belltech are the same length as the factory shocks. I looked on an application guide on the monroe site and figured out that a-body cars used shorter shocks with the same mounting configuration, so I ordered some KYB monotube.

on the front you can see the body is the same length as a factory ZQ8 bilstien, but it compresses smaller (see how the rod is longer? it goes in further by about an inch and a half) and has more effective travel. sweet

IMG_0863 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

for the rear they are REALLY hard to compress so all I could compare it to while taking a picture was a blown non-gas-charged rear shock, but it compresses about two extra inches more than the stock shock also.

IMG_0862 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

so, great. two more inches in the rear and an inch and a half in the front. should ride nice.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote