View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 06:05 PM   #16
SCOTI

Re: Life's constants: Gravity, and Murphy's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleCrazyEyes View Post
I apologize now this is a long post...

Sooo after a serious hiatus I have some updates, news, questions and ideas on a way to go with this truck. I realize after months and months this turd has sat in my parents driveway I need to both get my butt in gear both working on the truck and running side work to pay for everything I want to do to it! I may live in Pennsylvania but I am a huge fan of an influenced heavily by the Southwest C10 scene. Porterbuilt dropmember and rear 4-link, a custom/stock appearing interior, budget LS, and Air Lift Performance controller are the goal but I have a couple questions I hope someone here can point me in the directions to the answers either on the forums or online articles.

My first question is my truck is obviously a long bed 2wd. I am looking at a 77 K10 Scottsdale fleetside short bed. Is it worth swapping cabs, front sheet metal, beds, and suspensions to build a 2wd short bed 1978 Silverado and a 4wd long bed 1977 Scottdsdale? I would pull them both apart and have both frames blasted and powdercoated at the same time and would probably go through and build one truck or the other. The 77 is complete and runs with a 400sbc and is surprisingly rot free for a NWPA/SWNY truck. As one gets done the other will *very slowly* get done.

My other questions pertain to a 2wd slammed truck, what does everyone who has built and everyone who has owned a slammed C10 with a serious step notch do for there beds? What do people who build and own these trucks prefer or wish they did? The big trend I am seeing on Instagram and Facebook pages is raised bed floors. I am a fan of the look but I would love to know if anyone who has regretted raising there bed floor and wish they went with a step notch cover in the bed, I especially want to hear from people who have gone on long road trips with lowered trucks.
'Slammed' trucks are great when everything clears which is why the bed floors get raised or the step-notch covers are used (or, some just leave them open). Stock floors limit the amount of clearance one can achieve when aggressively dropping a C10.

In my opinion, raising the floor on a square-body is EZ & allows plenty of room. Some go more than others so it's really based on individual needs.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote