View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #45
gdavis

Re: Ivybilt Customs! Project #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossmanivy View Post
Alrighty! this is the condition I got the truck in. My father in law was going to pull the motor and scrap the truck. I stopped by and he had removed the grill, radiator and and the front bumper. He used a sawzall to remove the bumper along with the front 4 in of frame rails. I was like, what the hell are you doing, you can't scrap a classic! he told me it was my problem then!! Sweeettt! So I'm sitting there looking at it and was wanting to get it driving, then go from there. I noticed that the trailing arms had become swiss cheese, the brakes needed completely replaced (lines, hoses, MC, WC's......everything!) and the wiring was a mess. And if I did get it running, I would not be able to drive it in the rain, unless I needed a shower!

So I said to myself, "Let's Teardown!"
I started with the obnoxious rear bumper

first off is the spare tire carrier

then the bumper

whoever put this thing on, never intended it to come off!

All done, finally! After all that, My father in law wanted me to move the truck so I would have some more room to work and he would have more room to park!
So after I had the truck in its new spot I went back to work. He had installed some saddle tanks a long time ago to triple his fuel capacity. I don't thing I will be reinstalling these!

Then I ground down the rusty bed bolts, shook the bed loose, and walla!!! I now realize the value of a helping hand, and some strong backs!

After some help

Here's what the frame looks like.

That's all for now. I have to get some work done at work. I'll be back!
You got your work cut out for u. B
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote