View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
71swb4x4

Re: 1967 C30 dump truck

Today I hooked up the choke, it simply wasn't hooked up at the carb, I like easy fixes like that.
Today I went to a junkyard about an hour from here and picked up 7 wheels for it. The 16" wheels that I went to pick up turned out to be 16.5's. I was disappointed to say the least, but I got a decent deal on them so they will have to work for now. They do have tires on them, so that's a huge plus. I ordered lug nuts today so hopefully I will get the wheels on tomorrow.
We went to the car wash today. I spent $9. I cleaned up the new wheels, and spent a long time getting the grime off the paint of the old girl. I also spent some time under the hood. The motor was very oily. I think we will need to do some new gaskets on this thing. The rockers are pretty noisy so we will have to pull that valve cover anyway to get them adjusted.
The brakes were grabbing pretty bad. I will start with bleeding them, but I am sure a brake job is in order. I plan to put discs on the front so that project may have to be moved forward a bit.

Picture of the new wheels. The bald one that's leaning up a bit is the spare. The one towards the front that looks like a tire with no wheel is a front wheel with a ton of brake dust on it.
Attached Images

Last edited by 71swb4x4; 02-06-2009 at 09:22 PM.
71swb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote