Thread: 292 Questions
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #53
May70

Re: 292 Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
>> The shaft is not long enough to put a spacer on to line it up with the other pulleys. <<

A Google search for a "Double Groove Alternator Pulley" for 10DN or 10Si will produce a dozen companies selling them. The bracket under your alternator usually has an opening larger than the thickness of the Alt. A spacer is used to fill the extra space and is placed to move the Alt forward.
Check and see what you have for a lower bracket before you start messing with spacers and double pulleys.

>>and caused gas to leak out around the fuel inlet.<<

If that large fuel nut is leaking, loose that stupid filter. If you can get that large nut to stop leaking, never take it off again. Use an inline filter before the carb or before the fuel pump and never be troubled by that 1" filter again.
The bracket does not adjust on the bottom and the opening is just big enough to get the alternator into. I did quite a few searches online for double pulleys, I found one double that might work for about $40 and I was still concerned that it would not fit on the new alternator and a lockwasher/nut. It seemed most descriptions didnt have too much info in regards to measurements. I picked my old alternator up today.

I did take out the little paper filter, just another thing to deal with.
Attached Images

May70 is offline   Reply With Quote