Thread: 292 Questions
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #61
Mike_The_Grad

Re: 292 Questions

If you find yourself taking the carb apart again, check that the float isnt full of fuel. You can shake it to feel any sloshing inside. Also submerging it in hot water will show any pinhole leaks in the floats soldered seam. Do you know what brand and where you got your rebuild kit from? I ask because some of the big parts store chains sell the rebuild kits that dont have the good accelerator pump plunger cup seals. If you spent less that $30 on a rebuild kit chances are it's the inferior type of seal. These dont hold up very well to the alcohol content of today's gas. Theres a few sites that sell the rebuild kits with viton seals. They usually run about $45. Also, some of the parts store rebuild kits dont come with specific instructions and specs. for the carb covered under the models listed for each kit.(they usually cover a range of model numbers.) So in order to get the carb setup correctly I highly recommend getting a factory service manual for your year truck. Theres a guy on here that has linked in his signature digital copies of them. I downloaded them to my phones internal memory so I can access them any time I want. I also bought paper copies through Amazon. They are a huge help for practically any question you can think up. It will have what the factory recommended settings are for your carb,,engine, timing, etc. The factory specs. are almost always gonna be correct for setting up your carburetor, unless you've got something custom (dual carbs,4 barrel on your i6,etc.) Between the FSM and this site I've been able to solve about 99% of any issue I've ever had with our trucks. Google has that up to 99.5% the other .5% comes from friends I've made around where I live. Hit the Search bar for your year truck with FAQ behind it up top, it's like finding the Honey Hole of info.

www.carburetion.com just type in the carb model number you have and more than likely these guys have more than just a quality rebuild kit for your carb. (Floats, pull offs,linkages, idle/air screws,etc.)

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote