View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #19
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Re: New to me 1972 K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post
Well I have driven the truck a couple times and some of that was on winding roads... It feels great but still doesnt want to come back to center... it wants to stay in the direction you last pointed it at... I think drak link ends are next...

I love the 3.25 turns lock to lock....

I also found some inexpensive 17" wheels I like....

They come in silver, black with silver lip and all black.... I want to run 35's. Anyone know the best offset/backspace? I dont want the wheels to look too tucked in....
Option A. 17x9 @ 0 offset @ 5" BS
Option B. 17x9 @ -12mm offset @ 4.5" BS
one thing i didn't see mentioned on your steering issue, make sure the steering box is centered. these trucks are prone to wandering if the box is off center at all. it'll be easy to center when you install the new draglink ends.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote