View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #56
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Got the suspension reassembled and put her back on the ground. Forgot just how low she actually sits when not on jackstands I ended up using the Belltech drop coils that were previously installed since I couldn't get the Moogs to seat properly??? I dunno- the Belltechs dropped right in. Still need to do a little more clearancing on the LCAs; since I'm running van rallies with 3" drop spindles, they rub the wheels when turning sharply.

Once it was on the ground, I started work on the underhood area. There's tons of little things that needed to be done starting with fixing a couple of little coolant leaks, one at the thermo housing and one at the radiator petcock.

First I pulled the radiator to install the new petcock and cleaned up a bunch more mud from the scrap yard run. *I will NEVER drive this truck in mud again. What a pain* While the rad was out, I figured I'd put a coat of paint on it... and figured since I was gonna paint it, I might as well install the correct fan shroud(thanks tll74, as described, arrived in perfect condition)... and figured while the radiator is out, I'll fix the wiring up front... and while I'm fixing wiring, I'll install a new battery... oh, wait, Mar-K has powder-coated trays on sale(a thing of beauty, too nice for my truck)- mine's rusted out, sooo...

Long story even longer: My little project snowballed A simple leak fix turned into a detailed renovation of the underhood area. All is well, it's things I've been meaning to do anyway, just had a severe case of the 'while I'm in theres'.

Last pic is an eBay score I got in the mail today I like the black and gold California style they have instead of the black on white of 'normal' passenger car plates of this vintage. Now if I can just get the state to let me register them...
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote