Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 11:26 PM   #770
skymangs

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper71 View Post
To answer that question, I believe the stock opening is 4 5/8" and the Speedhut are a true 4 1/2 (mounting is 4 1/4) so you would not have a ton of space around the bezel and the dash opening.
For a reference you could cut out 2 4 1/2 circles from cardboard or poster board and set in the hole to get a visual.
If you did like the way it looks make a plate that is attached from the backside of dash I.E welded or bolted and drop your gauges through the hole (i used 3 3/8" gauges do to a custom built dash) Thank's for the compliments BTW!

The other way you could make up the space is weld a ring to the inside of opening and drop the gauge through (use round bar) just spit balling
That being said they are a super nice gauge and can be fully customized to fit your taste and again can be programmed to suite your needs..(NO I dont work for them )
I hate to burst your bubble. The actual holes are 51/4. I know because 5" guages don't quite fill them.
hope this helps..
Mark...
I hate to burst your bubble, but the actual measurement is 51/4. I've put 5" gauges in and they don't quite fill the space.
skymangs is offline   Reply With Quote