View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 01:31 AM   #1
Rockbottom78

Major electrical issue...

Hey guys. I have a 2007 classic body 1500hd (hence the 06 pages). I live up north and it's -29c right now-in case this has something to do with the issue. I went out and started her up like normal without issue. Then ran back into the house to let it warm up a while. When I came back out and to drive away I noticed it was in 2 wheel drive (I always keep it in auto 4 during the winter). So I hit the push button for 4 wheel and wait for shift-nothing. So I look down at the 4-wheel control indicator light, there's no light in it?... Then I glance at the gauges, that are all flat. Doesn't show rpm, oil pressure, battery charge, well, all of them. The back light is still lit up though on the dash. Here's a list of what isn't working from what I can tell:
Gauges, 4-wheel controls, the gear indicator light, door locks, stereo, trailer brake controller, power seats...
Erverything else is functioning normally: all exterior, dash lights, heater and control, windshield wipers...
Now the first thing I checked was all my fuses. All good.
Now I turn d the truck off, then started again to see if it was some ecu glitch or something. Rpm gauge came back, but nothing else. So, I checked a few important ground wires, and the battery leads. Good with the wiggle test... (Haven't metered any wiring yet as its dark and freezing out) but even before I can start metering I need to know where to start. I'm stumped, anyone hear of this before? Thanks