View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #7
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Thanks guys!

Having trouble finding a rear diff cover locally so it’s tome to order one. Probably just a dorman stock replacement that I’ll prime and paint black.

Also ordered a headlight conversion kit from HELLA - not HIDs but to turn it into an h4 bulb with a hard cutoff. Also ordered up some HELLA stock look horns, a horn relay, and a momentary switched marked with a horn. All the factory horn wiring has been cut out and horns aren’t really needed very often here anyway. The plan is to mount it to a metal plate I’ll fabricate to fit where the factory radio would have been before someone cut a huge hole there. Eventually, other switches/buttons will live in that panel as well.

I ended up having to work and then getting sick this weekend but hopefully tomorrow I can knock out the new trans dipstick tune and a gasket and filter change.

I also need to fabricate a rear license plate light and probably order new seatbelts and hardware to pass inspection. Trying hard not to register this as an antique so I can legally use it as my daily driver.

This was the last weekend of the drag strip, so unfortunately I won’t get a pre-swap run in, but I think “really slow” is sufficient. Hoping for 9.6-10 in the 1/8 with the swap and stock rear diff.

Also need to tear apart the dash pad. Another member here just tore the foam and stuff off, painted the metal, and replaced it. I kind of like that look for a temporary solution so that might be a rainy day project.
Posted via Mobile Device
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote