View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 05:21 PM   #10
MASTERBrian

Re: 2003 'burb front heater not blowing warm

I've had a few minutes today to mess with this some. I pulled the actuator underneath passenger side dash. Without actuator I can move that door freely. I've way I get cold air, the other warmer air....didn't seem as warm as the rear though.

I plugged actuator in, not bolted in place though, and it moved but very, very slowly. With air blowing over the door it's hard to move the door by hand. I don't know if that actuator should move fast or slow. I'm talking, maybe a click every other second slow.

I was thinking I'd back flush the core since it's decent outside today, but it has those push to unlock connectors, not sure if I can easily slide house onto that. Video I watched was a pickup and it looked simple, but with the rear air, it has more fittings. Maybe I'll pay the shop $80 if I go that route. Ugh! Reason is idled truck to get to operating temp and the inlet is hot, the outlet to core is not, BUT it's the same on the rear heat tube.

I'm now trying to figure out exactly what each actuator does. My understanding is that one under dash is recirc, that works. Then the mode, which gives defrost/dash bent and floor works fine, but unsure which one that is. I'm also confused on what the actuator on passenger side lower one controls. Is that driver side temp or driver and passenger? Then what is the one on the drive side floor?
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote