View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 04:30 PM   #27
hotwls13

Re: Rattle can or Rustoleum Gallon or SIngle Stage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBed View Post
Hey that's looking cool! I am going through all the reading process right now as well. Want a new paint job, but DONT want to spring for the Auto Paint! For me good-enough is good-enough.

I am considering a satin black job, possibly John Deere Blitz Black, (or satin rustoleum). With a gloss red stripe down the side, also rustoleum, both sprayed out of a gun.

Yours is looking good!
Thanks!

Like I have said all along, this thing will be a 20 footer. I expect it to fade but that's fine with me as I'm going Satin and I like the old faded look anyway.

I'm actually considering decanting (removing paint from spray cans) and shooting this paint through my HF spray gun. I really like the color/sheen of this paint. I've calculated how much paint I'm going to need. About 18 more cans (I've used about 3 cans so far). 18 should leave me with a couple extra cans, but I don't want to get stuck without paint and need to finish. Out here they go for about $5 per can at Walmart. So another $90 in paint. That doesn't include the white for the top of cab and interior. Nor does it include primer. So I will be into this for around $250ish for paint/primer/bondo/sandpaper.

Could have saved a TON if I would have gone with a gallon of Satin Black (rustoleum/tractor supply etc). But, I don't want any of the gallon colors from Rustoleum. They do have a gloss blue and a gloss white that I could have mixed to make a nice baby blue but that would have been gloss. I may use the baby blue mix on my next truck project. Plan to do a military Air Force themed paint job next. Kind of a old worn out AF vehicle with some black accents/wheels etc.
hotwls13 is offline   Reply With Quote