View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #15
Curt's_72

Re: Curt's '72 K20 Resto-mod

I've been gathering lots of parts for the restoration. Most are the originals that have been blasted and powdercoated. The trim items are reproductions for the most part, or I've cleaned up the originals.
After this length of time, I hope I remember how this stuff goes back together!
I've not found any vendor that is one stop shopping. Each are good, and each have different prices depending on the part. I've done alot of research comparisons online. I very seldom actually bought the least expensive.
Alot of people don't care for Ebay, but I search it daily. I've landed many good scores on it and I've never been stiffed. Some items haven't been as good as I thought they might be, but I've never paid much for any one thing.
The best so far has been the NOS parchment door panels. I paid less than $75.00 for them because the listing was typo'ed. They still had the bin tag GM bin tag stuck to them.
I've just joined the the site as a paying member and I hope to utilize the classifieds soon. I'm having a hard time locating the upper radiator pipe.
Name:  parts1.jpg
Views: 5458
Size:  66.4 KB
Name:  parts4.jpg
Views: 5523
Size:  61.0 KB

We're completely changing the color sceme and the interior. It'll be parchment. The seat is done and I'm very happy with the quality of the cover and the installation.
Name:  finished seat1.jpg
Views: 5432
Size:  56.9 KB
Curt's_72 is offline   Reply With Quote