View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #20
theastronaut

Re: '65 Chevy C10 Long Fleet Retrospective Build Thread

Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm slammed with work right now (finishing up details on this '65, body/paint on a CJ7 at night/weekends, helping a friend fix his wrecked Acura when I have free time, and have a '55 International lined up once the '65 C10 leaves) but hope to get atleast a small batch of the body tags on the market this summer. I'll probably sell them on ebay?

Here's more pics of random details. I didn't want to leave the armest like it came out of the box so I had to reshape the foam padding and trim the edges of the arm rest base to get the two pieces to line up properly. I covered the foam with the same material we used on the seat cover. (Btw, there's a peice of dust stuck in the lense of my camera in some of these pics.)

Primed and wetsanded the arm rest base:

Painted the base with same base coat as interior and cleared with Spies 8000 series clear.

Mirror arm painted:

Blasted and painted the vent window frames, had my dad's Auto Glass shop (Anderson Auto Glass) cut new green tint glass, and assembled the frames with new latches.

The other part of the vent window frames. Drilled out the rivets so the cover could be painted separately from the frame. Also polished the stainless bead on the window channel edge.

New latch.

Ready to install the front and rear glass. The powdercoated seat frame is in the background on the floor.

The owner's dad had a NRA decal on the original glass...

So we suprised the owners with a new decal on the new glass.

Last edited by theastronaut; 08-20-2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Fix dead pic links
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote