View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 05:48 PM   #15
made2drag

Re: 700R4 help please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTork View Post
I’ve searched quite a bit and haven’t found exactly what I’m looking for. My situation is I have a 1983 K5 with a 350/700R4. Trans that was in it burned up 3-4th gear due to improperly adjusted TV cable by me, idiot move I know lol! Anyways, I found a good used GM Goodwrench reman with the stamping on it of 9TXM119R. I installed it, for the fluid level right, TV cable adjusted correctly this time, and test drove it. It shifted good through 3rd but no 4th gear. No revving into 4th or freewheeling, just no 4th, it’s acting like a 3 speed. I’ve done some looking and ended up dropping the pan and taking some pictures of the valve body/inside pan area. I don’t know if it’s from trash in a valve or something but if anyone could look at the pictures and give me some much needed advice or what to do next I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Mine wasn't going into 4th. I manually shifted from 4th to 3rd, then 3rd to 4th many, many times for about 5 miles and it finally shifted and is fine now. I bought the k5 that had not been driven in decades, so I'm thinking mine was just sticking.
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote