View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 12:34 PM   #20
YoungPup1977
Account Suspended

Re: 700R4 help please!

here are some things to check:
1. If you decide to install the Transgo shift, follow the instructions on replacing the TV valve, this kit has a self cleaning TV valve which works...
2. (VB already removed) remove the three bolts in the accumulator and remove the Aux VB along with the separator plate. REPLACE the separator plate with a TransGo 700-P plate, most likely your old existing plate will be beat to hell by checkball wear and the accumulator springs that are likely broken as well...
3. Pull out the 2/4 servo from the case. Make sure you check the 3rd accumulator Checkball assembly inside the case. By removing the 2/4 servo assembly will allow you to check this 3rd accumulator checkball to see if its stuck...you can use compressed air to check this...
4. Since you pulled the 2/4 servo, replace the 2nd gear servo with the corvette style servo, the servo piston that fits into the servo cover is for 4th, I suggest you replace this 4th gear servo piston with a lip seal style servo piston which comes with a new servo cover. If you go with a 4L60E later you can reuse this servo pistons only (save coins)
5. Make sure you sand the 3-4 shift valve and ensure it moves freely in the VB bore. Sand all of the shift valves and make sure all valves are free moving.
6. When replacing the PR valve springs, make sure you install the snap ring with the shape edge of the snap ring pointing out....you can feel both sides of the snap ring and you will understand what I am referring to.
7. Once you are ready for test drive ensure the TV cable assembly is set correctly.

I am sure I missed a couple of additional items but let us know as you go forward.

Hope this helps

Last edited by YoungPup1977; 06-27-2018 at 04:03 PM.
YoungPup1977 is offline   Reply With Quote