View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 08:44 AM   #11
DarrellS

Re: TBI on an LS motor?

I could be wrong , but I seem to have it stuck in my head that the LS based engines, even the small 5.3 have not only more horsepower , which I thought was due to superior heads even in stock trim , and superior injection so that I could get significantly better fuel economy at the 300'ish horsepower . I am lucky if I have 250 horsepower now , and with the low performance cam and compression ratio I was doubtful upgrading heads and cam could get me any significant numbers . The 5.7 I have now is a new GM crate engine with about 12,000 miles on it but I was afraid to attempt a LS swap before now because I have a manual trans and couldn't figure out if I could bolt it to a LS motor . I did switch over to the TPI conversion spider since the old spider with the poppit valves was worn out and that helped a bunch . So many of you guys are so much more knowledgeable on getting performance on a budget that I guess this is why I ask questions here that might seem silly . Maybe I had better start a new thread ?? hate to intrude on the original poster .

Last edited by DarrellS; 06-16-2016 at 08:47 AM. Reason: spelling
DarrellS is offline   Reply With Quote