View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 09:48 AM   #15
1968_K20_4x4

Re: Agent Orange- My 1968 K20

So now its the spring of 2017 and the truck is really starting to come together, but the "bumper" the PO had installed on the back of the truck was driving me crazy. I did a lot of thinking about what I should replace it with. I originally thought I should put a stock chrome bumper on it, but I decided against it because although I think they look great on the c10 trucks, I don't think it suites my lifted 4x4. Also, it would not have been a very practical choice as I wanted a step bumper so I could get up in the bed without having to drop the tailgate. However, the huge step bumpers that these trucks originally came with are a little bit ugly in my opinion. To me they belong on older trucks of the 50s and early 60s, but dont look right on the beautiful lines of our trucks. After much consideration I decided on a slightly newer style of step bumper for the truck, it would look right and still be functional. So I pulled the bumper off my old rusted out '88 F-150 (I know, putting a ford bumper on a classic GM truck is probably the worst thing ever. But my dad had an 88 F-150 also so I have a bit of a soft spot for the late '80s fords too) I set it up on jack stands, and really liked the look!
Attached Images

Ohh uh, I didn't have time to fix everything...
1968_K20_4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote