View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #16
mbgmike

Re: Best 350 crate motor / company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers05 View Post
sorry to chip this opinion in, but I just wish you would consider a motor built in your town or county at least, keep your money close to home crate motors are no guarantee you wont have trouble and has anyone you know gotten one warranted, I have seen it and its usually time consuming and requires you to pay labor and for second engine leaving it up to them to decide if you will be refunded. I say stop by a machine shop ask around. Lots of guys know how to build sbc cheap and strong!!!!! without chinese parts or mexican labor!!! If this advise sucks so far just buy an edelbrock its made in usa!!!
Good advice. Just because its a new crate motor does not mean it will be trouble free. $1800 dollars paid to a machine shop later we finally got a $4600 crate motor that will run right. GM will warrantee the motor but if you put it in yourself, good luck. They will always come up with a reason you screwed it up. If the dealership does the total and I mean total install your ok. Wrong flexplate, wrong distributor, wrong this etc. I would rather have a good shop do the work.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote