View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 07:15 AM   #243
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Re: 2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMERDOC View Post
Sorry Guys. I'm usually quicker with responses. Looks like I dropped the ball. Here we go...

Eightbanger: That tire has a busted belt and should be replaced before it completely fails. The alignment shop should have spotted this before the alignment. It can affect the anlges of your alignment. I feel like they owe you a freeby alignment once you get a good tire on it. JJZepplin was right. It looks like you may be missing some spacers. The top and middle picture shows them behind the shim packs on the right side but its hard to tell if the others have them. You have excessive negative camber (I like to see no more than -1 degree. You don't have enough positive camber. Both the missing spacers and the bad tire can affect this and the readings. Can you confirm all the spacers are intact? BTW, I see an E46 in your driveway. What model is it? They don't call me BMERDOC for no reason.
Your a diamond mate, and no appologies nessasary, just glad to have this help from a pro, it's invaluable, at last I have a chance of getting the alignment done right and educated on the way.
The sun was splitting the trees yesterday, but the British weather being what it is it's cold and pissing down today, so no chance to get out and confirm if those spacers are there or not...i'll get back to you on that. Yes my old 1999 323 on the drive, I always say if you want a reliable well built run around as your other car...buy German.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote