Thread: Ladder bar Q&A
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #3
Project86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Really not a lot of info anyone can offer without knowing a TON of details about the chassis, weight, tire, gear, RWHP, and about a 1000 other details.

All I'll say is a quote from Dave Morgan's book 'Door slammers'

Misery loves a lot of holes in a chassis bracket

You cant tune the suspension if you build in no options. What's the 'right' set up for your particular combination,,, I dont think anyone can answer that. One thng to consider is there are some pretty quick guys here running the stock trailing arm configuration (with modified trailing arms and coilovers mostly)
I honestly forgot to mention and go into detail about my setups.
As far as chassis. It's stock frame and front cross member. Future palms down the road is to do a back half subframe.

As of now I just have a leaf spring setup. I'm going with a pro street look. So I will be getting some 15x15 weld prostars for the rear with a 32" tall tire.
Weight of the truck I would estimate at 4100 with me in it. Have yet to scale it as I'm still in the building stages.

Rear end is a 10 bolt. Which I actually plan on building with 33 spline axles. Spool and maybe a 4.56 or steeper gear.

It will see very limited street use and occasionally maybe twice a month trip to my local track
Posted via Mobile Device
Project86 is offline   Reply With Quote