View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 04:36 PM   #1
AllGoNoShow

Driveline/u-joint angles…

So from what I read, you want the transmission/engine angle and rearend/pinion angle to be opposite but equal angles (essentially parellel lines if extended), and u-joint operating angles 3 degrees or less.

My question is, is the above even possible in these trucks? It would seem to be within the above “rules” your engine degree couldn’t be more then 3 degrees down. I have a SBC/Tremec Tko install that is 4.5 degrees down (stock drivestrain was even steeper) and driveshaft is 2 degrees down, which gives me an acceptable u-joint operating angle on the front-but if I put the rearend pinion up 4.5, I have an operating angle of 6.5 on the rear u-joint. If I put the rearend at up 1 degree, I’m at a better u-joint operating angle on the rear, but both angles (engine and rearend) aren’t opposite and equal?

There is no way I can lift the transmission enough to put it at only 3 degrees down- it would probably require cutting the stock floor to put a driveshaft tunnel in. Just wondering what happy medium I should shoot for? Is a 4 degree u-joint operating angle really that bad?!
Posted via Mobile Device
AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote