View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #58
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pic Thread: Customized Hot Wheels,etc

Thanks for the details. So, basically, this is making tampos? Meaning, the same or similar technique is what Mattel,etc. do using production methods? I only know the term "tampo" yet never knew where the term originated.

My thing has been with making trucks look more regular, meaning more like what one of us may drive...more believable than fantasy or show. No chrome seats,inside bed,front panel of bed,etc. That green '62 I did has a fawn interior to be like stock and the gold one has white to look custom. I did the one grille white to lend to the just a regular truck vibe. I'd like to get into more detail. Hot Wheels don't command that so much, but to repaint a Greenlight or Jada it is. Looks like I would need to buy a lot of equipment I don't have. Custom paint jobs would be a cool option as well.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote