View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #10
Coley

Smile Re: Frame-off Restoration approach question

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
I am indeed... unfortunately these cars were quite prone to rust, and while Regina (Saskatchewan) didn't use salt, many cities did. There's not much left... but I bet there could be a few beaters kicking around small towns still!
Definitely....particularly on a lot of the prairies.
My in-laws live in Saskatchewan (just outside of Regina) and we are back there every couple of years.
There are some amazingly solid older cars and trucks still sitting around in yards, farms, etc.
I found a boatload in a wrecking yard near the Alberta border (sask side) 3 years ago....just of the no.1 hwy.
I had no time, no tools and no resources to take advantage of the dozens of older trucks and older cars there when I was in the yard.
2 years later I went to visit it again...and the entire yard was gone....emptied, crushed.....gone, nothing but a dirt patch.....damn near cried, lol.
Regardless....I always keep my brother in law in mind if I find something nice and interesting in that area. He has a 20 acre farm and a very nice, empty storage building....lol....plus he is a car guy.

Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote