Thread: Painting Advice
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
nebdrummer

Re: Painting Advice

ppg, dupont, nason, valspar.

dont be too overcome by thinking you cant do it. just look at it like, hey, if i mess it up, then i can fix it. best way to learn. as far as primers go, epoxy will work great, try and get the primer color closest to the base color your wanting to spray. aka, white, white primer sealer, black, black primer, dark green, black, light green, use white. you get the picture. then sand it down with some 180, then 320, clean it off with some wax and grease remover, spray down 2 to 3 medium coats of base with 15ish minutes between each coat. each product differs so check what they all reccomend. then as far as clear goes, ive always had good luck spraying on the first coat a dry to medum coat. then the second one you can lay on pretty thick without run issues. then the third one, just go for coverage.

this is just some baseline deals, i would definetally reccomend watching some videos with sommore in depth steps, but that should give you a start.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=380212
nebdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote