View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 12:01 AM   #60
asphaltburner

Re: '78 3/4 ton 4x4 FRANKENTRUCK

Yo! Spent $125 on hoses and other necessary items today! Radiator hookups and fuel hoses, thermostat, radiator cap, and multiple sizes of hose clamps. Assembled fuel tanks with hoses, filler spouts and vent tubes, trial fitted the new alternator and power steering pump, as well as the front fitted oil pressure sender. All seems good, although I'm a little concerned with the alt. pulley/crankshaft pulley alignment,...installing, and tensioning, a belt may align the two more accurately.
Fuel tanks are ready to install,...I'll have to cut a new filler spout opening on the driver's side since the factory-style tank spout will not lineup with the old POS aftermarket tank filler opening.
Door panels are ready for re-installation, and I'm ready to install the dash, just gotta dig through my "countersunk screw" bucket for matching hardware. Nervous about installing the seat,...in case my electrical is a disaster (evidence of engine fire was easy to see in the old wiring!) and I'd like to see where my twin sticks for the NP205 are going to reside,...looks perfect, but only installation will tell!
I've troubleshot fuel tank switching valve and e-pump locations "ad nauseum" and I think I'm ready to start their installations.
Oil in the 350 V8 and prelube should be next,...scared to hookup the battery and turn the key! Todd.

Last edited by asphaltburner; 08-25-2008 at 12:03 AM.
asphaltburner is offline   Reply With Quote