Thread: project: FTD
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
asphaltburner

Re: project: FTD

Yo! Dude! You're as crazy as me!
Naw,...but damned nice work so far. Best of luck on time available,...and $$, too!
I'd saved a long while to start my truck rebuild project,...and was only going to rebuild the donor flatbed. Now, I realize that THAT would've been a foolish, "money-pit", pipe-dream,...so I stumbled into the perfect project build by finding FRANKENTRUCK!
I was going to spend about $6000,...but it ended up to be more like $8000 with the "front-wheel drive" capable transfer case and the Foose Spank wheels!
I get to show it off to the rest of the 67-72chevytruck.com forum northern Colorado bunch on June 6. It will be unpainted, with most of the bodywork completed, and exterior rust stabilized. Finished otherwise, except for a few minor projects (fan shroud, installing the w/s squirter hose and nipples, and trouble-shooting the fuel gauge open circuit, stereo, etc,...). So I'm still spending money! Got a great truck though!
One question for you though,...GOT THAT TRUCK LIFTED ENOUGH?!! Sure makes 'em easier to work on than my '76 Camaro that just barely clears speed bumps!!
Todd.