Thread: bent frame?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 05:10 PM   #9
jared.landis

Re: bent frame?

54 jimmy...i didn't think about the bed rails flexing. i will have to check that out when i am under it next time.

mountie...its a long story but i was not driving it when the accident accorded. the truck was in my dads name and he was the one driving it. i signed it over to him a few years ago because he needed a vehicle at the time. now that this has happened, and the insurance company found it to be totaled since the repairs were greater than 70% of the vehicles worth, i wanted the truck back. so he took the settlement to keep the truck and now i have it. I'm sure you can understand, but this truck has a lot of sentimental value to it and neither he nor i could let it go. so now that it is back in my "hands" i am going to have to repair it on my own dime. i want to get the fame taken care of (if needed) and throw a bumper on it and drive it. but i live in a different state than my parents so it will have to go through inspection before then too.

i have been on and off this site for a long time now trying to absorb all the info i could, just hadn't needed it until now. ;-) so your info is much appreciated and not being lost. just need to take it step by step and get it back on the road.

again you guys are awesome to take the time out of your day to help me.

thanks.
jared.landis is offline   Reply With Quote