Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 09:20 PM   #772
gigamanx

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRFitz View Post
Hi Guys, I'm exploring my options to do an S10 swap and was wondering if many have left part of the S10 cab floor, firewall, brake assembly and blended the old cab to that? I'm using the stock 4.3 motor and know its recommended to move it back, but if you could use a push fan in front and leave the motor and firewall, it would sure make for a quick swap. Thanks,
Welcome to the forum KRFitz.

The S10 swap dimensions and mounting points revolve around the center hub of the front wheels. The front fenders need to be centered over the wheels. That then dictates where the radiator and cab are situated in relation to the fenders. Unfortunately, those requirements also mean the engine can't stay where it is. I tried, I failed. Oddly, the moving back of the engine and getting a different drive shaft isn't even the hard part of the swap.

You'll find a few build threads on here, including mine, where parts of the firewall are used from the S10. The brake booster and pedal are also used to make the swap much easier. Definitely read some build threads on S10 swaps. I learned almost everything just from reading the builds here and I now have a running driving truck.

Best of luck with the build!

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote