Thread: First Project
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:06 AM   #13
Typrus

Re: First Project

I'm a Texas transplant to A&M Country, Colorado born and raised- had to get away from the cost of living, housing, crime, and drug increases. Love our new area- the humidity definitely takes some getting used to.

This will be a long term project, I have a 5 year old daughter and 4 year old son and my wife stays at home for now so I'm on a shoestring for the time being, but it will be fun.

I've never done body work and this puppy needs a lot of it- the floor is.... rough. I'm likely looking at a whole new floor. The windshield seam is also rotten on the drivers top side. I need to change the windshield so when I get her back to the house (shes at the shop now) I'll get the glass out and assess the situation better.
I need to strip the interior out and examine it further. I've been looking at some of the builds and looking for common areas- I'm suspicious of the cowl ducts as I saw some debris in there.

I noticed someone mention LMC isn't the best source for some sheet metal. Can anyone recommend some site vendors?
Any recommendations on wiring harnesses? I've seen several sources, including LMC. Thoughts?

4 Speed Saginaw manual is the plan for now. Its sitting on the garage floor now.

Thanks all!