View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 11:52 PM   #12
schpeen

Re: thinking about getting this in the morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Sweet job and glad to hear it ran well. I prefer the 8" wheel width over the 10" so don't second guess it. You would tend to get some potential curb rub and skuff up the 10 wheels. 15x8 will look great.

I'd go through the brakes and be sure they are in order. The seats actually looked pretty good. Give them a good scrubbing and they will probably clean up real nice.

I got a whole new carpet set and that really helped. I think I got it from stockinteriors.com but the vendor/supplier is actually ACC. Most will come from ACC too but that's the one to get.

Check out ball joints and all steering components.

Check out driveline u-joints too. May want to replace for piece of mind.

Overall, sweet deal and congrats!!

Here is mine with 33x12.5r15 on the stock ralley 15x8's. Lift is 2.5" but yours will look pretty close to this.....
i called first thing this morning and my tires were already shipped out i started stripping out the interior and pulled the top off now i see why he put duct tape cross the roof the top bolts down in all the right spots except for the first bolting the front that bolts down to the bed rail is broken off probably cross threaded so the top wasn't cranked down the way it should be. I will attempt drilling it out and i'll try an easy out if it is stubborn not sure what to do with it

i ordered a carpet set fro LMC today along with a new front bumper and brackets and a new dash pad i also ordered all new rubbers all the way around wasn't hard to get up over the $1000 mark which gives you free shipping!

Took it by my body man today and had him give it a once over as well I am going to have him wet sand and buff the whole truck and paint the top maybe flat black and paint the wheels silver the i love the look of the white wheels and dog dish hub caps but not sure it will look good on a black truck
1988 23' Mako Marine
2005 Harley Davidson Road King
schpeen is offline   Reply With Quote