Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #1304
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

Many shock manufacturers can do custom builds, but you may have to tell them what you want. This is exactly why I wanted to start this discussion. Many people have commented how they are happy, or unhappy, with a certain shock. I have found that I need to mix and match to get what I want.
I used to use a lot of shocks from Carrera Shocks. They were bought out by Q-A1. They had some performance spec shocks that you could cutom order based on three things. Length, Mounting, andValving. The valving was based on a 1 to 9 scale, 1 = xx soft, 9 = xx firm. Split valve shocks were, and are available, and when discussing valving, the compression number goes first. I found that most of the trucks we built were very nice to drive with a 6/5 front, 7/6 for big block trucks, and a 3/6, or 3/7 rear shock. Also I learned that gas pressurized mono tube shocks are ok in the front, but are not soft enough for the back. Afco, Speedway, and others offer shocks like this. But WE have to know what to get, and this may require changing some mounts.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote