View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 01:42 PM   #1367
MP&C

Re: 55 Wagon Progress

Trying to assemble the tailgate so we can put it on, but our latch actuator is absolutely worn out in the square hole, the handle just about rotates inside of it. They don't make repop's (that I'm aware of) and someone just offered a rebuilding service at over $300. So I reached out to my go to used parts outlet and a good used one is on the way, mailed the same day.. Reference photo:

So while we're waiting on parts to load up the rest of the bits on the tailgate, lets chase the threaded holes....

The console just got dropped off, we had some material in the corners that was pulling due to all the stretching that had taken place. In order to keep things more permanent, I came up with some 19 gauge stainless "trim lock". A hemmed edge helps keep from cutting into the upholstery. It gets clipped in place, shoved into the corner snugly, and through drilled for installing solid rivets.

In order to match our dash insert, the console insert will also be oriented horizontally (lines left to right)

We also got some of the stainless added to the front end. What an alignment pita. Still have some tweaks to do..