View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:28 AM   #72
FLYNAVY30

Re: 1972 C20 build and adventure thread

Officially declaring the Corvette done (for now). I absolutely love the way this car drives....it still feels like an old Corvette, but everything is tighter, and more precise.

Now that the Corvette is up and running, it was time to get the Suburban out of hibernation and get it back on the road as well. One of the welds in the aluminum radiator gave up almost two years ago and I just never got around to changing it out since all of my free garage time was spent on the Corvette.

If you're running an LS in the C10 chassis, you cant do better than the set up from Entropy Radiator out of Chicago. You'll note the integrated transmission cooler (using a stand alone in my application) on the driver side with the coolant pipe fittings both on the passenger side. The three other ports on the drivers side are set up for the LS steam vent on the top, a temp sensor in the middle, and the replaceable zinc on the bottom. Theres also a fitting under the cap for an overflow tank.

I already have the dual fan set up from my previous radiator that will bolt right up to this unit. In 5 years with the last unit, the truck never got north of 210 degrees....including sitting in Atlanta traffic in the middle of August. The last one eventually failed due to my own negligence. I never replaced the drain with a consumable zinc. In their new models, Entropy has since included a separate fitting for the zinc while retaining the drain on the lower driver side.

Anyway, after about two hours of tinkering, the truck was up and running....spent a few minutes cleaning it off and headed out for a test drive....all is well!

FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote