Thread: The Toybox
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #2
Driveway Dreams
I have car A.D.D.

Re: The Toybox

I blew the 10 bolt apart one day in the parking lot at work. (Not just blew up, BLEW IT THE HECK UP! Sheared the right axle shaft to be specific.) So, I needed to replace that. So...12 bolt. And while swapping rearends, why leave it stock height? So, flip kit.

I had to let the truck sit with a completely non functional rearend while I gathered parts. I had to drop the front at the same time you know. Finally got it all together. A used 12 bolt from a 77 Burb. And the drop as advised by 2 of my good mechanic friends: I ordered some generic 3" spring perches, 3" drop springs, and 2" drop shackles from Summit; 2.5" drop spindles from AIM.

We installed it all in a few hours one day with the 2 of them working on it and me "helping". When it come to mechanical stuff, I make a good gopher for those two guys who wrench for a living. Here it is after the drop still on the big tires. And a picture of the notch we did too.
Attached Images

The 86 build thread SOLD

Are you a Colorado member?Click here.
Driveway Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote