View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #21
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Re: Project -underfunded - '68 shortstep/carb'd LSx/200-4r build

I got a new oil filter and some oil for the 383 today. I'll drain it tomorrow and let it sit for an hour or so and then put the new filter on and fill it up. That way if nobody buys it...and I've had some low offers...it'll be ready for storing a while. I feel the motor and trans are too good to give away... so I've been fairly firm on price with only a little flexibility. If it doesn't sell here, I guess I'll offer it on CL...probably for just a bit more.
Oh...and it got a new 3" air filter too to replace that 2" one in the pics.

Got the other lower ball joint in and after fighting with it for nearly an hour...the lower cross shaft in. It kept binding and after several attempts I finally put a wire brush on my drill and cleaned out the threads in the control arm. Then I threaded in the problem side a good ways 1st, and finally got it all to go together w/o binding. I still need to drill the holes for the new ECE LSx motor mount kit and set my engine and trans in to mock up everything.

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote