View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 03:08 PM   #67
phillipm

Re: 78 2wd Blazer - LS Swap and more..

Really appreciate that Outlaw, thank you!

Took the truck out for a drive last night around the block. We still haven't got it aligned and other stuff like that. Nor have we emission'd it yet. However, the woefully low oil pressure presented it's self even more. At 1 point I saw 9psi on the ECU which takes it's reading from the top of the engine. I was seeing 15psi at the bottom. So I think this project is on hold until we can pull the engine apart and see which bearings have decided to go on vacation and not come back. Really bummed but what are you going to do. Live and learn. I trusted the seller and saw the vehicle running but didn't put a gauge on it and check it. Won't do that again.

Either way, after doing the driving I wanted to do the Fast Learn on the transmission and the first step it asks you to apply the brakes. We'll I did and it never received that signal so I guess I need to look into my wiring on that signal and see whats up.

Also, after getting back and putting the truck on the lift I saw a mark on the drive shaft. It was just kissing the frame near the back. So, I quickly cut out the offending piece and put a small notch in it's place. Then I cleaned it up and painted it black after this.

Another thing that was bothering me is the seat belt kept locking. But what was weird is it would lock in a loose position. I would have to pull on it to get it to unlock. If anyone has experienced this and knows a fix, please let me know!

That's kind of it for the moment. I'll let you guys know what we find on the engine.

Last edited by phillipm; 09-21-2017 at 12:38 PM.
phillipm is offline   Reply With Quote