Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 09:22 AM   #5949
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipps View Post
If I remember correctly, you went to a bit of trouble to put a manual in your truck. Correct or no?

If so, are you intending to stay with a good stick-shift, or install that slushbox? You can probably guess which way I vote.
what you did not read this thread in it's entirety? LOL

my truck originally was a 4 speed manual (SM465 iron granny gear box), and the reason I bought it, regardless of what people say manual trucks are very hard to find be it 45 year old or modern, trust me I know I have been looking for them for years

I swapped the SM 465 for an A833 like GM 4 speed (from GM mid 80s trucks, direct bolt on no trouble at all) with overdrive, so one GM trans for another GM manual factory trans

I luv stick shifts - after all I am European (shh don't tell anybody)

I really wanted to go 6.0L with the NV4500 5 speed manual but those are Unicorns and immpossible to find, the only two trucks I have seen with those in the entire United States were 4x4s and I want a RWD

The 5.3L LM7 engines only came with Automatic transmissions

since this is my first swap I am keeping it simple and installing the 5.3 with the 4L60E automatic

and YES, the day after I install it a 6.0L manual donor truck will pop up on Craigslist, ha ha ha

good questions bro,
G
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote