View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #90
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Cool progress! gettin into the good stuff. Thats some good advice too Steve. I blasted my cab supports because they looked good, A little pitted but still good. Then coated them with POR15 except on areas I would be welding. Your tape line looks the same as where I cut mine from here anyway, it is difficult to measure that one out. If i did mine again I would go around that hump where the front seat mounts, the replacement (mine anyway..) has the wrong pitch and was a pain to get it to line up. Later
Thanks! I actually did more cutting today. Went around the hump like you suggested. It does look like my piece might fit pretty well, but I will decide later on. I have some touch up pieces to grind off the cab supports.

The wife and I test fitted the panel and it seems to be a good match except for the hump.

I realize I may have had to cut a lot out of the back, but I needed the access to the floor, and it's pretty banged up anyway. I intend to cut a panel out of the old cab, and patch the new one.

Here are some shots of the cutting job so far. This is the first time I feel like I am Making Some PROGRESS!
Attached Images

DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote